The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for demonstrating a professional, effective and tactful written, verbal and nonverbal communication with customers, vendors, colleagues and other departments and facilities throughout the Mahaska organization.
Reports To: Chief of Operations
Essential Job Functions:
1. Greet customers/guests in a manner that creates company goodwill.
2. Provide proper information for walk-in sales and vendors.
3. Answer phone with a pleasant voice that indicates to customer we are glad for their business. Obtain a working knowledge of all aspects of business in order to fully answer customer questions.
4. Route calls in an expedient manner.
5. Record vending service calls-ins.
6. Presell coffee to selected customers. Route to Norfolk whse, snack and O’Neill warehouses.
7. Insure vending routes are counted, reconciled/registered.
8. Insure snack routes are counted and recorded in Parlevel.
9. Insure phone directories, extensions and route lists are kept up to date.
10. Insure office equipment is operating properly by checking paper supply, toner, ribbons, etc. If equipment is not working properly, coordinate repairs with Chief of Operations.
11. Inventory and purchase office supplies. Large quantity or large dollar items should be approved by Chief of Operations.
12. Prepare mailings and assist in courier shipments.
13. Back-up Norfolk Staff Accountant completing daily deposit slips to Oskaloosa for posting.
14. Pick up, open, and distribute mail on daily basis.
15. Communicate regularly with Human Resources on new hires, benefits, and terminations.
16. Support the recruiting process by scheduling drug screens/physicals.
17. Maintain I9 records for Nebraska location.
18. Assist employees with ThinkZoom.
19. Place uniform orders and ensure everyone is receiving the proper uniform.
20. Responsible for the reconciliation of petty cash box on a monthly basis.
21. Serve as Chief of Operation’s secretary. This includes typing, scanning, copying, phone messages.
22. Must have reliable and regular attendance.
General Job Responsibilities:
1. Dress in a professional office manner.
2. Maintain work area in an organized and neat manner.
3. Keep personal calls and outside visitors to bare minimum. These should be handled during breaks or lunch period.
4. Attend and actively participate in weekly/monthly office meetings.
5. Promote and maintain company goodwill at all times.
6. Know, understand, and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
7. Maintain your normal assigned work schedule and seek supervisory approval for any changes.
8. Any other task that promoted efficiency and cooperation of company business. Everyone is part of the “Team”. There is no room in this company for a “That’s not my job” attitude. We will all work together to get the job done.